Front of house plants
Plant stand Pete made for me!
Just a pretty sunrise one morning!
This weekend my husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. On Saturday we had family and friends over, cooked hamburgers, boated and played on our floating island on the water. Our daughter and her husband came over and shared their vacation pictures from Florida and gave us the cutest little flag thingy, it is a parrot in a hammock napping and hangs on a flag hanger for the yard! They had a blast in Florida! Our son and his bride to be came over and and visited, took the boat out and he even wake boarded....I don't think i will ever be able to do that! But on Sunday morning I work up and told my hubby I wanted to slalom, so at 8 o'clock this 50 year old got up on one ski and skiied across the lake! My arms were more than sore and I couldn't do anything strenuous for the rest of the day! This needs to be an every weekend activity so I can get in shape!
Then on Sunday guess what we found out........we are going to be grandparents! Our youngest and his future wife are putting the cart before the horse and having a little one in February! I hope and pray she will have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby! Even though this isn't the way we nor they had planned it, this baby will be loved and is very much wanted. I hope people don't judge others for this because if they do, then we, my husband and I need to be judged also and I think we have done a pretty good job of taking care of our family and rearing our children to be good young adults. So, as we all adjust to this news and let it sink in, I have been dreaming of the day I would become a grandmother and I am going to enjoy it. I really hope it doesn't cause friction in our family because I love each and everyone of them very much! I hope they can come to terms and accept what has happened and not judge. My mother in law use to say how different her boys were.....I know what she means, my boys are totally opposite and even though they don't perceive things the same way I hope and pray they will continue to love each other and be open and honest with one another!
Just a few things I wanted to get off my chest....I will be writing more about this pregnancy and our first grandbaby!
Here are just a few pictures I want to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment