As I sit here trying to think of things to say several run through my mind, but not anything really work writing about, except one. I have a friend, classmate, she's around 50....wonderful person, great personality, you know the type, if you don't really want to know, don't ask her because she will tell you.....just as it rolls off her tongue! She is so funny, good humor, and just a very special person. She has been diagnost with lung and brain cancer and she is going into this like a fighting bull, you know, if anyone is going to beat cancer, I believe she will be the person to do it. Her name is Patty and you can read more of her story here :
immakingcancerhistory.blogspot.com
I know she would appreciate any prayers, encouragement or well wishes you'll would like to send her way. Like I said, she if very positive and upbeat about her condition. Patty has been an in home babysitter for around 20 years, those parents and children were so fortunate to have her in their lives....talk about a happy environment, she provided a loving happy home away from home for them.
Something else I would like to mention is this hot and dry weather we have been having here in East Texas, and all of Texas. But, since I live in East Texas, that is what I am talking about. We have had several fires that have taken out lots of timber, farmland and homes. Let's please pray for rain, we need rain in such a bad way right now. Many people's wells are runny dry, they have to grass for their cattle and even the wildlife is going to have a hard time finding any food for the winter because of the summer drought we have had. I know the squirrels around us are running on the ground everywhere looking for food. Please pray for rain in our area.
Another thing on my mind is my little grandbaby on the way. I just pray the baby will be healthy, that Pres and Brit realize what they have been blessed with and will bring her up knowing about God. I pray that everything will work out for them, being so young it is going to be hard, but they can make it. Pres has been blessed with a good job and I hope Brit will be able to find one after the baby arrives. However, it would be great it they could make it with her staying at home also. They just need to buckle down and be thrifty! I am so looking forward to the little baby girl and I hope my older children will grow to be as excited and happy for them as they are.
One more thing on my mind is the two year anniversary. It's hard to believe it has been two years September 24, that my mother-in-law passed away and I promise, there isn't a day go by that I don't think of her. She was a great mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, wife, and mother-in-law! Sometimes I can hear her giving me advice or commenting on something going on in our lives, I know she would be so proud of this baby coming, she too would say how hard it is going to be on them, being so young at 21 and 18, but she w0uld know the baby is going to be loved and would help out in what ever way she could to help. My husband stopped by a new little pizza place here in our small town, they were having a buffet line at lunch and one day they were serving goulash. He went in there thinking about his mother and how good her goulash was and when he left he was so disappointed in the little place for not having as good of goulash as his mother. I told him he should never expect anyone to prepare food the way his mother did. She was all about some good home cooking! I am so glad I got some of her recipes, not that it is as good as hers was, but it's close. You know we were married for 28 1/2 years when she passed, so I really did get very close to her and my father-in-law, who is still with us. I know he misses her so very much, he just doesn't think he has anything left to live for and it's really sad to go over there and see him just sitting, all he does is sit in his chair. He has dementia and has a hard time remembering things, especially events that have happened lately. That's another story though. Nany would be proud of her children and grandchildren they way we are taking care of him, I believe she couldn't rest in peace until she knew he was going to be taken care of. So Nany, I love you and I miss you everyday!
I can't believe we have been in our new home almost one year! I love our new house, we just sit and look around still in awe of our home.
Thank you God for all you do for us and all you bless us with, I give you all the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment