Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busy Busy Busy....



I wanted to post a picture of me and Pete with his bike in Arkansas, but I didn't get one, that figures, so I put one of him getting his bike ready and one of us after we got there. We really had a good time, weather got a little rough on Saturday, but we stayed dry.

In other happenings, we have been so busy for the last two weeks I haven't had time to take any pictures. We are in the process of renting our farmhouse, so that has meant many repairs and upgrades, plus our renter is renting as "furnished" because they are in the process of looking for a home in our area, moving here from out of state. Do you know what it is like to go through 20 years of personal stuff, kids paperwork, drawings, school pictures, report cards, awards, trophies and on and on and on. I knew we had collected a lot of "stuff" but my goodness when you start packing things away and throwing things away it is truely amazing at some of the things I have come across, some I wondered why I kept them, many I still couldn't part with. For example Mother's Day cards the kids have made either at school and some even at home. I just couldn't part with these and my baby is almost 19 years old! So you can imagine having three children how many boxes I have gone through and how many I still have in storage. My parent's have been a big help in this whole process and as my dad was putting some boxes away, I would tell him this is "Peter's" stuff or "Peyton's" box, whoever it belonged to and he said, "that's funny, we still have some of your boxes at our house.....meaning they will probably never come get them and they will always be in our storage. Oh well, they will have to be the ones to part with some of these things, I just couldn't! The house looks great though, and I am so proud of the work we have accomplished. I hope they will enjoy the house with their three children as much as we enjoyed it with ours, wow the memories are just so strong.

In other good news......I'm going to be a great aunt! My niece is expecting in May, our family is so excited, I know this will be a long eight months and I pray everything will go well and she will have a great pregnancy! They only live 7 - 10 miles from us so you know I will be enjoying this baby so much. When I told Peter Joe and Brandie (married son and DIL) they said oh that's great but don't expect one from us anytime soon! And that's ok, they are enjoying their new lives and sound like everything is going good, I can't wait to get back to Pflugerville for another visit.

October is a busy birthday month for us, youngest son, Preston, turns 19 on the 8th, I can't believe my baby is 19 years old, seems like I just brought him home from the hospital not long ago. Peyton will turn, wow, 24 on the 20th! Now that's a really hard one, I don't even want to think about Peter Joe being 27 in December.....that makes me seem so old.....I'm really glad I started young! I'm already older than my mother was when she became a first time grandmother and it will be several years before I'm one, or so it seems.....and that is fine!

That's about all for now, I'm glad everyone I know of made it safely through the hurricane and pray for those who didn't fare so well and I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful fall weather we will soon be having. Can't wait to read about all the halloween costumes and pumpkin carvings!!! Man those were the days! Until next time, take care and God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Casey's trio said...

What a great update. Lots of exciting news in your world. I bring home 2-3 pieces of artwork and crafts for each of the girls twice a week from preschool. I have already been asking myself what in the world an I going to do with all of it? I think you should go check out your boxes you have at your parent's house...wonder what's in there? Maybe some good blogging material:)
Love the pic of you and your husband!

jag said...

Wow! You certainly have been busy. I will be praying for your neice.