A few things about me.
I can’t say 100 because I don’t really know if I’m going to be able to come up with 100 things. But, since I enjoy reading things about my other blogger friends, I thought some one might actually read mine one of these day, so here goes….
1. My name is Pamela, but everyone call me Pam. My birthdate is November 23, 1960
2. was born in Linden, Cass County, Texas
3. I have lived in Texas all my life. I have lived in Daingerfield or Lone Star, Texas, for the most part. The furthest I have lived from where I am now is about 80 miles from here, Tyler, Texas.
4. I graduated from Daingerfield High School in 1979.
5. I attended Tyler Junior College but didn’t finish.
6. I attended NTCC to finish my associates degree, a small community college around here.
7. I received my Associates Degree in 1993 after the birth of our third child.
8. I have started working on my bachelor degree….slow process.
9. I have worked for the same company for almost 17 years.
10. I do administrative work and last year was moved to the railroad company part of the business, probably doesn’t make sense.
11. I have been married for 28 years in June.
12. I (we) have three children.
13. Oldest child Peter Joe (yes that’s still what I call him) married and 27 years old.
14. Middle child Peyton Ashley (daughter) age 24 and has been married for 8 months.
15. Youngest Preston Lee 19 years old and college student and part time employee. He still lives at home and said he may til he's about 28.......we'll see!
16. All of our names begin with the letter “P”
17. Two of our children have their bachelor’s degree, one is just starting college….let’s hope he finishes!
18. All three children are Christians.
19. I believe it is very important to take your children to church and teach them about Jesus
20. My husband is 5 years older than me.
21. We have two homes – one on the farm and one on the little local lake here.
22. I love the summer
23. I love the beach
24. Our daughter had a beach wedding, it was beautiful.
25. Both sets of our parents are still living and never been divorced - we are blessed.
26. I have two brothers and we all live within 7 miles of each other, my parents too.
27. All three of my parent’s children (that’s me and my two brothers) have never been divorced.
28. I have a God daughter, Lola, she is 15 months old.
29. I have one dog, Prissy, she’s a long haired dauschund.
29. Growing up I took tap classes for about 13 years.
30. I taught tap, jazz and ballet for two years while working at a dance studio
31. I would like to take tap classes again
32. I have never colored my hair
33. I have never had the acrylic nails put on
34. I love pedicures but have only had two of them.
35. I always put my family before myself
36. I haven’t pampered myself, but may start now that we only have one child at home.
37. I ride the Harley with my husband, if the weather is right.
38. Dr. Peppers are my favorite drink and I drink too many of them in one day.
39. Typing numbers on the typewriter were such a challenge for me when learning to type, now I enjoy typing with numbers.
41. I think I would have enjoyed having my own daycare, I love children and babies.
42. I would have had more if they weren’t so expensive.
43. I enjoy reading blogs
44. I use to enjoy reading books, but I have put them down over the year….maybe I can pick them up again soon.
45. Several things I want to start doing again – Reading, exercising, tap classes, going back to college, but still not sure what I want to be when I grow up!
46. I use to wear glasses but had RK surgery in 1993, one of the best things I ever did.
47. I still have 20/20 vision at a distance, but need glasses to read….but that’s just my age.
48. My favorite foods to each are Mexican and Seafood
49. I enjoy watching football on TV
50. My favorite sport to watch on television is Gymnastics, can’t wait to see how Shawn Johnson does on DWTS – can you imagine having that muscular of a body!
51. I have natural curly hair but have straightened it so much it just doesn’t curl like it use to before I started using a straightening iron.
52. Sometime I miss having curly hair.
53. My best friend lives in another state but we are still very close and keep in touch. Her daughter just got married in December.
54. I have never had to deal with the death of a close family member but have lost some very close friends and some of my friend’s parents.
55. We have raised horses, cows, dogs, cats, goats, probably others, but I can’t think of them.
56. All three of my children have had knee surgery……bad genes?
57. Both boys were involved in sports
58. Peyton loved gymnastics and competition cheerleading, but not outdoor sports.
59. My first car was a Grand Torino I want to go see the movie.
60. We have a $1.50 movie theatre here in our small town, use to be $.99 but went up.
61. I probably saw three movies in 2008 – sad isn’t it!
62. I met my husband while I was driving may dad’s fishing boat around on Lone Star Lake, I was 19 1/2 – it was a cool little boat though.
63. I use to water ski every weekend – my parents always took us camping and skiing.
64. I regret not buying a camper when my kids were little and camping with them more.
65. I have only been snow skiing once in my life.
66. States I have vacationed: Arkansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Louisiana, Florida, Alabama and Pennsylvania
67. Only other country I have been to is Mexico
68. I went on two mission trips with our church both of them to Mexico and we drove a bus – took 32 hours to get to San Diego, California. Remember this was with 8th through 12th graders. We had two buses and I loved it – wouldn’t trade that time for anything!
69. I am very cold natured – don’t like cold weather.
70. I use to cook a lot, when the kids were in school and growing up, now I don’t cook as much…..poor Preston.
71. We have a swimming pool at our house on the farm, I enjoyed the kids having their friends over and thought this was a good recreation for them. Nerve racking at times, but it kept them home and their friends coming to us! Good strategy!
72. I like to play card games.
73. I like the Wii now that I have played it. Playing guitar is my favorite...good exercise, yeah right!
74. I was a first time mom at the age of 21 and had my last child at the age of 29, I can’t believe how fast time has gone by and how much has changed.
75. When I start thinking back to how busy I once was and how much time I have on my hands now, I sometimes get teary eyed.
76. I am an emotional person, so is my dad.
77. I think I enjoy reading blogs with people who have small children and multiples because I know how much joy children bring to our lives and how fast they grow up, I just hope you enjoy every minute of it.
78. I can’t wait to be a grandmother, but I can…..:)
79. I love getting to see my god daughter often and getting to be a part of her life. She is so cute, sweet and smart.
80. She will say my husband’s name and not mine, when I pick her up she looks me in the eyes and says “Pete’s”? and turns her little head, it’s so cute. But I know she loves me because she comes running and squealing when she sees me!
81. I play Bunco once a month with a wonderful group of women...but we act more like young women!
82. My husband has long hair, but I don’t mind, it wouldn’t be him if he didn’t.
83. I can’t sleep at night if I have something on my mind that is bothering me.
84. I thought about this the other night when watching President Obama on television, I wonder if he is able to sleep. I don’t mean that in a bad way, just would hate to know I had that much to worry about on my shoulders!
85. I enjoyed my high school years….I really enjoyed my year and a half of college.
86. I would like to take a second honeymoon with Pete to a really romantic beach somewhere…..just me and him.
87. I kept my children busy while they were growing up, we were always totting them somewhere, going to practice, games, or something and some people thought they were too busy and I should take them out, my comment would be....someday it will all be overwith and I won't have all this to do, so they will just stay busy and I will just stay busy and I am so glad we did it this way.
88. I love my friends and family and I hope to learn more about my blogging friends.
Thanks for reading and take care, A friend in East Texas, Pam.
2 comments:
PAM!!! so good to hear from you, my friend in east texas! ;) funny you mentioned it, b/c savannah has just started pointing to her brother and calling them by name! i even tested her while we were giving them their bathes (all together) last night and she gets the identicals right every time! it is uncanny---but she is the only one right now.
what a great list!!! blessings to you and your family!!!
suz
Wow...I am impressed that you came up with 88 facts about yourself. I'm always awful at these kinds of things!
Post a Comment