Friday, January 29, 2010

Bye, Bye, January and Baby Showers!

Here it is the end of January, wow this month has gone by so fast! It has been a cold January, for Texas, or our part of Texas anyway, but no snow. I wish we would get at least a little snow this year, but I don't think it is in the plans for us. Pete says not to wish for it this weekend because he is on call this weekend. Anyway, those of you who do see snow, think of us who never get it and would love to see it.

Also this weekend, I'm very excited to be helping with my friend Jennifer's baby shower. She and her husband are expecting a little baby girl the first of March, it will be her first and her husband's second child, his oldest is 16 1/2, you would think this is his first though, he is so excited. Then again, it will be his only daughter! They are going to name her Jaxsyn Abigail, and I think they are going to call her Jaxsy. Jesse, the daddy's, middle name is Jackson and they wanted to name the baby after him wether it was a girl or a boy.
A lot of people has voiced different opinions about the name. Some wondered if it were a boy even though the invitations were very girlish! We have some other friends who are expecting their second little girl in May and they are going to name her Anniston Claire, I'm not really crazy about the name Anniston, I just see it as being a last name, but then again lots of people use last names for first names. When I told my daughter about these two names she said "poor child" and I ask her if her name was hard to grow up with. Her name is Peyton and even though it is a fairly common name now, I guess when she was growing up with it, it really wasn't common at all. I remember her asking me why I spelled her name "ey" instead of "ay", I didn't have an answer, it's just the way I liked it being spelled. Now we have Peyton Manning, the New Orleans Saints coach something Peyton. I don't know if they are spelled the same way, but they are pronounced the same way. But still, I think it is a "beautiful name" Peyton Ashley and I don't think I could have picked a better, more fitting name for our daughter. I'm sure that is how these two couple will feel and their daughters will adjust just fine. There could be worse things, like Johnny Cash's song about a boy named Sue!

Here is my "Peyton" and her husband Jordan.....they just look so young!
Little Jaxsyn will have so much love in her life, she won't have to worry about her name, her mommy will have her in so much pink and "bling" the little thing will probably weigh a pound more than she actually does. I am so excited for them, for us, to have another little baby to love and kiss on and watch grow up!

I'll post pictures next week of the pretty mom to be and her shower gifts. By the way, Jennifer has tried a long time to have a baby and had finally just given up and decided she was only meant to be an "aunt", then bam.....she got pregnant! So exciting!

You'll have a good weekend and stay warm!

No comments: