Here it is January 14 and I didn’t even post about Christmas or Peter Joe’s 28th birthday! I want to do better, but what I have to say just isn’t very interesting reading material! However, they were both great! Since PJ lives so far away we celebrated it with him the week they were here for Christmas. It was so good having them home for a week. So happy birthday Peter Joe it was a great evening out with you and Brandie! It’s hard to believe he is 28 years old now, he is truly a wonderful son and I love him very much.
Peter Joe and Brandie & Daddy Bo's house.
Christmas was very different this year with Nanny gone. We missed her very much it just wasn’t the same. I know it was harder on Pete than what he ever let it be known, but we all noticed he was a little quieter and more reserved on Christmas day. We spent Christmas Eve at my parent’s house with the whole family there. We had a great time eating, taking pictures, loving on the new baby in the family, Blaine, and just being together. All of our children are grown up now and it is just so very different, I can’t wait until the day I have a grandchild to celebrate this holiday with…..and any other holiday or just any day! I just can’t wait….evidently my kids can!
Until then we take "Prissy" to have her picture made with Santa, I wish I could put that picture on here!
Back row Peter Joe (son) Brandie (DIL) Ryan (nephew) Jessica (niece) Preston (son) ((Preston and Jessica are in college together)) Jason (nephew in law). Seated my dad (Grandaddy), Peyton (daughter), Amber (niece), my mother (Granny) holding Blaine (thier great-grandson, my great nephew), sitting on floor Jordan (son-in-law).

Jordan, Peyton, Peter Joe, Brandie, Preston, Me and Pete
On Christmas morning we went to my father-in-law’s (Daddy Bo’s) house and cooked a breakfast casserole to eat with him. He wouldn’t have even known it was Christmas day had we not mentioned it to him, but he was glad to see us all and we had a good Christmas morning visit with him. On Christmas Eve it would have been their 62nd wedding anniversary. The rest of the family celebrated on Saturday after Christmas and our children would be back at their own homes, so this is just how it worked out this year and it was ok, not the normal, but ok.
Peter Joe and Brandie & Daddy Bo's house.Christmas was very different this year with Nanny gone. We missed her very much it just wasn’t the same. I know it was harder on Pete than what he ever let it be known, but we all noticed he was a little quieter and more reserved on Christmas day. We spent Christmas Eve at my parent’s house with the whole family there. We had a great time eating, taking pictures, loving on the new baby in the family, Blaine, and just being together. All of our children are grown up now and it is just so very different, I can’t wait until the day I have a grandchild to celebrate this holiday with…..and any other holiday or just any day! I just can’t wait….evidently my kids can!
Until then we take "Prissy" to have her picture made with Santa, I wish I could put that picture on here!
Back row Peter Joe (son) Brandie (DIL) Ryan (nephew) Jessica (niece) Preston (son) ((Preston and Jessica are in college together)) Jason (nephew in law). Seated my dad (Grandaddy), Peyton (daughter), Amber (niece), my mother (Granny) holding Blaine (thier great-grandson, my great nephew), sitting on floor Jordan (son-in-law).
Jordan, Peyton, Peter Joe, Brandie, Preston, Me and Pete
On Christmas morning we went to my father-in-law’s (Daddy Bo’s) house and cooked a breakfast casserole to eat with him. He wouldn’t have even known it was Christmas day had we not mentioned it to him, but he was glad to see us all and we had a good Christmas morning visit with him. On Christmas Eve it would have been their 62nd wedding anniversary. The rest of the family celebrated on Saturday after Christmas and our children would be back at their own homes, so this is just how it worked out this year and it was ok, not the normal, but ok.
I hope everyone had a wonder Christmas with their families and has a safe and Happy New Year.




2 comments:
Wonderful pictures!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love the puppy pic BTW.
I'm glad you had a nice holiday even if it was a little different than years past. I know how lucky your own kids are to have a loving mom and dad who can't wait to spoil their grandkids one day. Love that "Prissy" gets to visit santa;)
Post a Comment