We are now back home from Florida, the wedding was beautiful and we couldn't have ask for better weather. Our friends who attended were a godsend, we couldn't have made it without them. Planning a destination wedding is hard, putting it together after you get there is impossible without the help of friends, so once again, thank you all for your help, you know who you are.
Peyton was a beautiful bride, I am so proud of her and her now husband, Jordan. They have really done things the right way. When they were dating through high school I would mention to them they might want to date others while in collge, but neither of them would hear of it. Then when they got engaged they promised they would continue their education and not marry until they had their bachelors degree, which they did. Jordan had a good job to start out their marriage, Peyton is close to getting a part-time job and hopefully going back to college. We will know in a week or so.
The walk down the isle was had on her dad, he got really emotional, and if you know Pete, that doesn't sound like him at all! You should have seen him during their dance, there wasn't a dry eye in the house! It's hard when you are giving away your baby girl, and she is wrapped around his little finger. I remember a friend of mine saying when her son got married the it's the final cut of the umbelical cord, I hope not, I hope things will still stay they same in some ways. I know she won't be coming home for the weekends alone, but they will be coming to visit, wow, that will be so different.
Anyway, my two boys also looked very handsome. Peter Joe did a fantastic job marrying them, he too got a little emotional at times, and Preston.....he was great! He escorted his grandmother, then ran back and got me. He ask me if I was going to cry as we were making the walk, which I reply, probably not. When the ceremony got started and I started wiping eye he gently reminded me, "mom, I thought you weren't going to cry." Oh well, they were tears of happiness, she was just so happy and excited.
I can't wait to see them on Friday! I'll leave you'll with a couple of pictures, enjoy!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness Pam! The pictures you posted of your daughter are absolutely beautiful. What a gorgeous setting for the ceremony. I'm glad that the wedding turned out so nicely:)
hey friend in east texas! good for you for starting a blog!!! your family is gorgeous and the wedding looks like it was incredible! bride=stunning! much love to you!
pam, she is a beautiful bride!! what a wonderful family you have!! Looking forward to keeping up with your family through your blog! much love!
Post a Comment