TGIF.....this has been a long week. Actually this has been a long month, at least a month since the wedding and it seems like even longer. It has been a good month, I went with several of my girl friends to Broken Bow Lake in Oklahoma the weekend of the 20th! No pictures to show, I left my camara at home I was so excited to get away for a while I guess. We stayed at one of my friend's mother's houseboat. It was really nice. We ate, sat around, had a few drinks and sang Karokee! Well I didn't sing, but others did, this was on Friday night. Saturday was a day for the sun! So we just layed on floats in the sun, ate, talked, laughed and did all the girl things, plus we did have one major piece of entertainment.....one of the girls has a 7 month old daughter, so she was with us. Six women, one baby girl.....I believe she actually was upset with us for holding her so much by Saturday night, she actually got fussy, we put her on her pallet and she really enjoyed it! She was just a joy to be around, such a good baby. I will put pictures up next time of her, I need to get her mother's permission first!
That was a get away I really needed. Other than that, we have been doing lot's of yard work. It's hard to keep up two different yards and have time to enjoy the lake also! We are usually mowing two evenings a week after work, church on Wednesday night, then the other outdoor chores that tend to pop up, it just seems like the weeks fly by.
We did have a good father's day weekend, my brother had a fish fry at his house, on Saturday before Father's Day, that was good fellowship and good food too! My dad is an amazing man, my brothers' are amazing men also. I have truely been blessed with such a wonderful family. Of course my husband is a wonderful man too, but he's not my father. I'm thankful he is the father to my children and he is an amazing, father also. I got my dad a gift card to Braum's Ice Cream. My parent's often stop by a Braums for a treat, and for someone hard to buy for, I thought he (they) would really enjoy this. I'll find a picture of my dad and put him on here, he won't mind.
The weekend of the 27th, Pete and I traveled to Pflugerville, remember that's where our son and DL moved to. They have a precious little house and I think everything will work out good for them. We helped put down lament floors in their house, so it was a weekend of work. Next month when we go see them, we will be there for more relaxing, visiting, and sightseeing! I can't wait to visit them again.
Since then, we have enjoyed the 4th of July. We spent most of the weekend on the lake. Peyton and her husband spent the weekend with us and Jordan's parents came over and we all ate and rode in the boat. Preston and his girlfriend did visit some also, but they had other places and friends to visit also. Remember the teenage years! I do and it was a long, long, time ago!
I hope this weekend is one of more relaxing. I think we have the yards caught up, we could stand to wash cars, but that can happen Saturday afternoon. As for this afternoon, we are going on a date. We are going out to eat and then to visit Peyton and Jordan and watch a movie with them. They invited us of course! So until next time.......Your friend in East Texas, Pam.
2 comments:
It's so nice that you have lots of family and friends around to spend time with! I always love to hear from you on our blog:)
Take care!
Pam- mom had told me she found your Blog! So I am here just admiring your page. I am looking forward to seeing more in the future, I had no idea:) We love getting comments on your blog from you...they are always soooo sweet!
The McGrew's
Post a Comment