Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Where has all the time gone, I mean July has gone by so fast. We have been busy doing yard work both at the lake and at the farm. I wish there would be just one afternoon we could come home and just sit on the back patio or take a leisure boat ride, but there always seems to be something that needs to be done. We did get the pump fixed (not we, but Pete) so we can now water the grass at the lake again. In the process Pete killed two snakes about 15 minutes apart right in the area he was working in....in the water! He was so funny getting out, I think it took him two steps and he was in the yard. I wish I had taken pictures of them after he killed them, but my camera is on the blink, maybe a good excuse for a new one. I'm complaining, but I like the looks of a fresh green mowed lawn, just wish we didn't work in it everyday! Now on to the fun stuff......since we haven't been living in the house at the farm, we haven't been keeping the pool up...well guess what we are doing starting this afternoon.....yep cleaning the pool. This is not going to be a fun adventure either, but the end results will be nice, maybe we can enjoy it for a couple of months, then it will be ready for next year also.

So much for me and Pete now for the kids. Preston will be going to his college orientation next week, I think he is getting a "little" excited for a new adventure in school. He has to take the entrance exam and he's not too excited about that part.

Peyton and Jordan are doing great, loving married life and are just about settled in their apartment. She really likes her job and the people she works with.

Peter Joe and Brandie just love their new home and things are falling in place, but still have some unpacking to do. Brandie started her new job this week with an architectural firm and I believe she is enjoying it so far. The church they are attending seems to be very suited for them, I hope the will make lots of new friends and be good examples to all.

Next weekend we have several birthdays coming up. My mother has her birthday on July 31, my father-in-law on August 1, and my dad on August 2. Three in a row! I think my brothers, their families and myself and my family will take the out to eat fish, they will enjoy this. Pete's birthday was on July 8 and he had a niece and nephew share the same birthday with him, guess things kind of happen in three's around here.

Everyone take care and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't even imagine my children heading off to college. I look forward to reading more! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate it!

Casey's trio said...

I can't get over the snakes...yikes. I'm glad all is well with your crew!