Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where is the rainbow?

Where is the rainbow???

Yesterday it rained all day long, I mean all day. We have had lots of rain since last Friday, but it was non stop yesterday. We were under flash flood warnings and watches for most of the day and through the night. The rain finally stopped around 4 p.m. yesterday we got a lot of rain in twelve hours I forgot to look at the rain gauge, but it was underwater anyway! You can see from the picture with Pete in it where our pier is normally and the picture with the water up you can see our pier under water if you look really hard. Our retaining wall is usually 3 feet or so above the water. This is the highest I have ever seen it since living here. Just wanted to post just incase I have any lookers!



See where the water usually is……

If you look really hard you can see our pier beneath the water…the water is above our retaining wall. The other pier is our neighbors; it needs to be torn down!

Looking down the retaining wall….. our wall isn't that crooked, but it looks like it is.....

This plant is at the corner of retaining wall…

Another angle from our patio, see all the junk floating in the water…..

A pretty sunset from one day this summer.

Have a good day…

Pam

1 comment:

Casey's trio said...

WOW!!! That is alot of water right in your backyard. I can definitely see the differenc in the pictures you posted. The storm blew through our area earlier this week and we just had one horribly stormy day to deal with. Crazy how much damage can be done!