Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baby "J" - Born at 29 weeks....Prayers Please

There has been so much posted this week on the March of Dimes Prematurity Awareness this week and that is one organization that deserves as much credit, recognition, and contributions as possible…..they deserve it. I have kept up with so many families who have had premature babies and they do such an amazing job. I have prayed many prayers for babies and families I don’t even know, but once I found out about them, I just had to keep up with them and follow their stories. They have some amazing stories and wonderful outcomes because of the wealth of knowledge and wisdom the NICU has been blessed with, along with their care and concern I have heard about. I have never had a personal dealing with a NICU, I have given to the March of Dimes, not really know who much it helps these families. Not that my little contribution helps, but spreading the word helps.

Yesterday I received an email from one of my best friends from high school, I will call her K. K had just visited me in October for our class reunion. K’s niece and nephew, along with his wife were also in to celebrate the end of their step-mother’s chemo from breast cancer so I had the opportunity to meet the nephew’s wife. They were expecting a new baby in January everyone was excited about a new baby. Well, yesterday I got an email from K telling me her nephew’s wife was having an emergency c-section, she had high blood pressure and the placenta was not intact correctly for the baby to get proper nutrients, she was 29 weeks along. Their baby girl was born weighing 3 lbs 2 oz. and doing really good, but the next 48 hours will be very critical. This morning K wrote me to say she talked to the baby’s daddy and he said she is a real fighter, she is breathing on her own and doing much better than expected; She is moving around and even lifted her head. K said they were very impressed with the NICU and the care their baby girl is receiving even though this is very hard on them. I will be keeping them in my prayers.

I told K about the March of Dimes Prematurity Awareness month and November 17 being the “get the word out” day and gave her a website to go to. She was pleased I had given it to her and said she would pass it along to her nephew and his wife. It’s just really amazing how things fall into place, not that I would want this to happen to them so the word could be passed on, but that I was able to tell her…..”It will be ok; it is amazing how for they have come with NICU care and March of Dimes is a great organization.

Just wanted to put this down on paper….I know it’s a lot to read. Please keep baby “J” in your prayers.

Thank you…….your friend in East Texas, Pam

1 comment:

Casey's trio said...

Hoping that Baby J is doing well!