Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Happy Birthday to ME! Actually, Monday the 23rd was my birthday I turned 49 years old, I don’t really feel 49 years old but I am. I had my, why do I say my when they are “our” children at a young age 21 I had our first one, old enough to know better, but naive enough to think it wouldn’t happen to me. However, it has been wonderful, not all of it, but most of it. He, first born, has always been wonderful; marriage with a child on the way immediately….well, it has its ups and downs. Thank goodness we had been together long enough to know it was something ‘we’ wanted hubby had been married before but no children and for some reason he really thought he couldn’t produce any, huh, proved him wrong! Then three years later comes the second child, a girl! She had hubby wrapped around her little finger from conception I do believe. My husband loves children and he would have kept going after three if we knew financially we could support them all through everything you have to put them through, children are expensive, but well worth it. Anyway five years after our second child we had our third and another boy, we were so excited. Now 28 years later and the oldest two are married, the youngest is in college, I’m 49 and life is good. I guess maybe I don’t feel that old because 49 isn’t old!

Hubby and I enjoy spending our weekends doing exactly what we want to do, we go out to eat more, go visit family and friends, ride the Harley together, and even snuggle more. We just have so much more time for each other. Some nights we are in the bed….to go to sleep, or watch television at 7:30 p.m. especially with this time change. It is special when the kids come in we enjoy planning the meals we will cook for them depending on who is coming in because they all have different favorites. So this past weekend for my birthday we went shopping all day on Saturday, hubby likes to shop, likes to buy me things, and he’s really good at picking stuff out too, then we went to eat steak. It was such a good day; we left the house around 10:30 Saturday morning and returned at 8:00 p.m. He treated me like a queen! We both look forward to the day we become grandparents…..we both love children and I promise had I not had my tubes tied their would be more little PJ’s running around (we all have the initials PJ). That’s something else, I may get me a tattoo in the near future I’m thinking about PJ in some fancy way….I don’t know maybe not, but I’m sure thinking about it!
Pete and I at friend's wedding reception in October. He is so much fun!



Ready for Halloween 2009 with our son and daughter in law.

Next I will write about Thanksgiving with our families....it will be different since we just lost my mother-in-law in September.....she is so missed!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

1 comment:

Casey's trio said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you...glad you were treated like a queen:)