
Wow, what a week, and a busy weekend coming up. Mother's Day and a garage sale (yuk) but my mother loves having them and I can't let her do it on her own. She is amazing, my mother, she is always so on top of things, she always has been and is there for us, her three children and also her grandchildren, which are growing up very fast. Whether traveling with me to cheer or gymnastics meets with one of mine, going to band concerts, track meets, baseball, school programs or just whatever they were involved in she has been there. She has six grandchildren all within a 7 mile radius, so you can imagine how busy she has stayed for the past 26 years since her grandchildren range in ages 15 - 26. She is the youngest of eight children in her family, and she has been there for her siblings when they needed her, too. Such an example to follow and how fortunate I have been to have been reared by such a wonderful mother! I’m talking about my mother but in all of this, she has a wonderful man by her side, my dad. My parents have been married for 52 years, they love to travel in their motor home, listen to bluegrass and gospel music, meet new people everywhere they go…………and I guess I get this from my mother, but she absolutely loves babies. We can’t go anywhere that if she sees a baby/toddler she is going to stop and talk to them and see if she can get a smile from them and she usually does. I could write a book about my mother but I just wanted to write it down and let a few people who might happen to read this to know that it really does and can happen that a family stay together, not that everything has always been perfect, but in my eye, my mother is a perfect example of what a mother should be. Thank you God for blessing me with such wonderful Mother! Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
Mom and Dad with Peyton at college graduation, December 2007.
No comments:
Post a Comment